Welcome to A Married Adventure! I am SO excited that you are here!
I’m Amber, author and creator of A Married Adventure! I’m a home décor and cocktail enthusiast, fur mom, wifey, and sometimes-avid DIYer.
I hope that A Married Adventure serves as a place to find inspiration for all facets of your life. From home decor and DIY, to fashion and beauty. I truly believe that there is always something beautiful to be found in the normal day to day adventures of life, no matter where you are or what you’re doing.
For as long as I can remember, I have always had a creative side that seemed to be expressed in constantly rearranging furniture, redecorating my room, scrapbooking, or doing any type of DIY project. I like to think that I have a good eye for design and good taste in knowing what looks good and what doesn’t. This blog started and still serves as my creative outlet, where I can showcase all the things that I love in one place. If you’re curious about where the name, “A Married Adventure” came from, you can read about it in this post here.
When I’m not blogging, you can find me at my day job. Which on a good day may consist of me running around trying to figure out how to close down a street in San Francisco to throw an epic street party. On a bad day, it’s a Fire Marshal saying, “no, you can’t do that.” And of course, executing pretty events in-between all these things. It forces me to constantly think outside the box and challenges me on a daily basis.
I live in Oakland, California with my husband and sweet little French Bulldog, Lily. You might be thinking, “Oakland?! who wants to live there??” But let me tell you, Oakland has a lot to offer. There are some seriously amazing neighborhoods here. I’m obsessed with my own neighborhood right by the lake that is filled with hipster coffee shops, charming wine bars, and amazing restaurants. It’s also bursting at the seams with old homes full of charm. Now…I am a complete MISFIT when I go into those hipster coffee shops (read: I wear too many accessories and too bright of lipstick to fit in with all the black and 70’s style clothing) but it’s hard to beat some of their vanilla lattes. What can I say, I’m a sucker for a good vanilla latte, especially one with homemade vanilla bean. Fun fact…our apartment is literally up the street from where we did our first look wedding day pictures. Some would call that cheesy, but I’d call it pretty sweet.
>> FUN FACTS ABOUT ME <<
- I only have one adrenal glad (do you even know what that is?? Yeah neither did I until it had to be removed). I’m hoping that this is going to lead to a new blogging series about “wellness.” But I’m not quite there yet.
- I could eat tacos for every meal and be perfectly content. And the more avocado, the better!
- I love California and have lived here all my life. However, if my husband asked me to move to Charleston I would gladly jump at that chance. Charleston is my spirit city <– is that even a thing?
- I went to college at the University of California, Santa Barbara. I miss it there, my dream is to one day make it a permanent residence, whether that’s now or in retirement I’ll take either!
- After Christmas, I count down the days until Fall comes again. It’s my favorite.
- Sperry’s are my go-to closed toed shoe; I have about 6 pairs and wear them all! You can’t go wrong with a pair of Sperry’s!
- I’m 100% gluten free, 100% of the time. I’d kill to have a doughnut every now and then, but my intolerance just won’t allow me to (sad face!).
- I find joy in finding the latest and greatest gluten free products that the market has to offer. I also enjoy taking my favorite non-gluten free meals and making them gluten free without people ever realizing that it’s gluten free (so sneaky!).
- Pineapples and flamingos are so my jam and make me happy. I have too many pineapples in my home to count. I can think of at least 7 off the top of my head. My apartment is only 600sqft so that’s kind of a lot if you think about it.
- Wandering the aisles of HomeGoods and Target help me cure a bad day!
- I totally sign my posts as “xoxo” because of Gossip Girl…..what can I say, it’s one of my favorite shows!
>> I BELIEVE <<
- That too much champagne is just right.
- In a vanilla latte to kick start the day.
- In sequins.
- In love.
- That flamingos and pineapples make everything a little more fun.
- In top knots and salty beach hair.
- That good things come to those who hustle.
- Kindness matters.
- In adventuring both near and far.
Again, I can’t thank you enough for stopping by and following along with me through my adventures of life in decorating, cocktail making, and occasional DIYing, + so much more!