So, you just got engaged, you’ve started wedding planning, and now it’s time to tackle the wedding registry. Where do you even begin?! All of those shiny and pretty objects worthy of all the heart eye emojis pulling you in a million different directions. Talk about distracting when figuring out what you and your future spouse are really going to need. I’ve been there and done that!
I thought I would talk about some of the top things that Ryan and I use the most from our wedding registry and which ones we don’t. Walking down the aisles of stores or combing through the online pages of items can be super overwhelming, leaving you with the feeling of not knowing where to start. We registered for everything under the sun and while I’m so thankful that our family and friends were extremely gracious to shower us with such lovely gifts. We don’t even use half of them. In fact, half of them are in storage until we have a larger kitchen to keep them in.
Our Most Used Wedding Registry Gifts List:
- We use these every time we drink wine. Whether it’s two buck chuck or a vintage bottle, we use these glasses. I swear wine taste best when served in a crystal glass.
- This might not be a necessity for most, but we love roasting our own chicken. This pan makes it so much easier to roast and is the perfect cozy fall and winter meal (or at least that’s what Ryan tells me).
Three: Mikasa Dinnerware
- We were so torn on what type of dishes to register for. Do we go with every day dishes, speciality china, or both? How’s a
couplegirl to decide?! I really wanted a set of every day dishes and fancy “special” china. Ultimately, we decided to register for a nice set of dishes that we could use every day. Knowing that we were going to be living in small apartments during the beginning of our marriage helped us make that decision. What small apartment has room for fancy china AND every day dishes?! Not this one!
Four: Presto Griddle
- PSA! Griddles make pancake flipping and cooking so much easier than a pan. The best part, you can cook twice as many pancakes at once with a griddle. #winning This is an all around a great multi use cooking instrument and I think every kitchen should have one.
Five: Bamboo Oval Platter
- You can’t go wrong with a good serving platter! I wasn’t going to register for any serving pieces because I never thought there would be a use for them. I was SO WRONG! We use our platters and serving bowls all the time. Whether it’s just the two of us for dinner or with guests, our platters are constantly in rotation.
- If you own a crockpot then you already know how amazing they are. Start it in the morning and have a delicious meal 6-hours later without much leg work?! Sign me up! This is definitely one of the most used gifts that we received.
Seven: Le Creuset Enamel Cast Iron
- This was one of those items that you register for because it lasts a lifetime and is also rather expensive. I wasn’t sure if we’d actually use it our not but knew I ‘had’ to have it. Well, we actually use it all the time and it’s so multi purpose. If you’re questioning registering for one, I vote yes!
- Everybody needs a food processor. My favorite use for this: onion chopping! Goodbye onion tears, you aren’t missed around here. I opted for the mini food processor for space saving reasons.
Nine: Monogram Cutting Board
- It’s a wedding registry so get yourself some monogrammed items! I love the size of this cutting board, we use it daily.
Ten: Wooden Serving Bowl
- I LOVE wooden serving bowls and spoons. We use this bowl multiple times a when we make salads for dinner and it’s perfect for that.
Eleven: Lodge Cast Iron
- I don’t use this much but Ryan swears every kitchen needs one. He uses it to cook just about anything. Steaks, bacon, breakfast, you name it and he can cook it with the cast iron. I have to admit, a steak or bacon cooked in a cast iron definitely makes it taste a step above the rest.
Twelve: Martha Stewart Melamine Bowl
- I love the bowl for mixing, the handle helps me keep it stable when using a hand mixer.
Thirteen: Wusthof Classic Ikon Cutlery Knives
- Another one of those pricey wedding registry gifts, but worth it! Every kitchen needs a good set of knives and Chef Ryan loves these ones. Have y’all noticed yet that I’m not the chef in the family?! Even Lily prefers Ryans food to mine #truth.
Fourteen: Calphalon Nonstick Pots and Pans
- Along with the knives, every kitchen needs good pots and pans. These are user friendly for both skilled cooks like Chef Ryan and those with subpar skills, ahem, me.
Fifteen: Pyrex Tupperware
- I never thought I needed glass tupperware until I received these. They are so much better than plastic. You can wash them in the dishwasher, they don’t pick up weird smells that linger, and they don’t stain like plastic tupperware.
Sixteen: Egyptian Cotton Sheets
- These sheets are also one of those items that you don’t know you need until you lay on them. They are SO soft and feel like pure luxury, especially on top of a comfy bed.
If you’re just starting to tackle your wedding registry I hope this post helps! If you have any specific questions on any of these products don’t hesitate to reach out!
Want to SHOP this post? You can do so below or with any of the above links!