Does anyone currently have a mint julep in hand for this Kentucky Derby day?! I don’t….yet! I’m still recovering from my one too many margaritas that I may or may not have consumed last night! These images are a few of my favorites from some seriously cute Kentucky Derby parties. In fact, they make me want to throw a last minute party RIGHT NOW, but I’ll have to wait to break out all my searsucker until next year!
In case you are throwing a last minute derby party then let these images serve as inspiration. Here are a few tips that every derby party should have….
1. Mint Juleps–these are an absolute must! If you’re in need of a good recipe you can find my favorite one here.
2. Roses–red roses are the traditional flower of the Kentucky Derby, but I always opt for white or different shades of pink.
3. A searsucker something–a dress, ribbon, bowtie….this is your chance to break out all things searsucker!
4. Mint–you definitely need mint for your mint juleps but it can also serve as cute foliage for a flower arrangement.
5. A fun hat or headband–go ahead, channel your inner Blair Waldorf.
Cheers to the weekend!